Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome back to school

Dear Families and Students,
Welcome back to school and happy new year!  I hope you all had a relaxing and fun holiday vacation.  It was great to see everyone again last week.  I think everyone was ready to be back in school again because the children were so happy to see each other again and worked so hard in all of our classes.

As you might recall from my updates in December, we have a student teacher in our classroom this semester.  Her name is Amy Winter and she is a student at St. Michaels' College.  She is studying education and she will be with us until April vacation.  We are so lucky to have her with us.  Welcome Ms. Winter!
Below is a letter of introduction. 



Hello Students and Families of Mrs. McCormack’s Class,
            I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and tell you how excited I am to be joining your class over the next few months! My name is Ms. Winter, and I am studying elementary education and mathematics at Saint Michael’s College. I will be finishing my education degree this semester with my student teaching position in Mrs. McCormack’s class. I grew up in New York, but chose to move up to Vermont, because I loved Saint Michael’s College and found Vermont to be a beautiful place. In my free time, I enjoy drawing and painting as well as other various arts and crafts. I also love spending time outside and love to go hiking and skiing! I look forward to getting to know each of you over the next few months! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your class as I learn to become a teacher!
                                                                                    Sincerely, Ms. Winter

 Please stop by our classroom to meet her too!
Let's have a great week!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment