Friday, February 1, 2019

Visiting blogger post: Nourish the love of reading


My name is Jocelyn Kaplan and I’m thirteen years old. I founded the charity, Nourish the Love of Reading. NTLOR promotes literacy for kids who don’t own books. We take gently used books and donate them to food shelves where families can choose as many as they’d like. We never donate books to second-hand stores because the stores sell their products for a profit. Many families can't afford to shop at second-hand stores. While taking a standardized test, I noticed a question which asked, “How many books do you have at home? 3-5? 10-12?” and onward. I come from a family who loves literacy and has several bookshelves filled with books. I want to give all kids the same opportunities I have by giving them access to book ownership. You can help me provide books to kids by dropping them off in the NTLOR drop boxes at your school. All books are due Thursday, February 21st. For further questions you can contact me at:" Jocelynkaplan@cvsdvt.org and nourishtheloveofreading@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment