Monday, March 30, 2020

Weekly Newsletter

Dear Families,
Happy Friday!  Today, we're completing our first week of online learning and I wanted to check in to see how the week went for all of you.  First of all, I hope everyone is healthy and safe.  I hope your loved ones all across the globe are safe and healthy too.

I shared lots of links and materials this week.  I hope I did not overwhelm you. These materials/links and web-sites are meant for you as different choices as we continue our maintenance of learning together.  It is great to see more kids participating in our daily morning seesaw challenges.  I love to read your posts.  Ms. Z has joined us on seesaw as well so please look for her comments as well.

On Fridays, the students typically hand in their reading logs.  Since school ended abruptly, many students did not receive or did not get a chance to pack up, their Iditarod reading log maps.  I attached the map to this email.  As you may recall, the students check off towns along the Iditarod Trail as they complete their own reading logs. Since I cannot collect the reading logs and facilitate this process, I attached it to this email in case your child wants to complete the Iditarod Reading Race.  This is voluntary, of course.  I also linked the Iditarod wiki site to this email in case your child wants to print more reading logs and check out some of the web-sites for the Iditarod as well.

http://inspirefirstgrade.pbworks.com/w/page/72349472/The%20Iditarod%20Race


I will send out another email later today with a sign-up sheet for you to join small group google hangouts starting next week!  I will host a daily google hangout with approximately 4 students in each group.  I will provide days and times in another email, so please be on the look-out for that.

I miss all of you and all of your smiling faces.  See you online!!

No comments:

Post a Comment