Monday, September 7, 2020

Remote Learning Schedule and Back to School

 Dear Families,


I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day and feel excited about coming back to school tomorrow.  I have to be honest; I am feeling both excited and nervous.  We have not been in school in so long and having to go back into a completely different school environment feels strange.  It is absolutely normal for your child to experience a wide range of emotions as we approach the first day of school.  I know, I do!  Please know that all the adults at ABS will help your child ease these worries and concerns.  


I am attaching a video tutorial for you to show how to access and navigate the remote learning schedule.  Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.


I am also attaching our in-person schedule for Mondays and Tuesdays so you have a general idea of our learning day.  As you will notice, we have library time on Mondays.


 Please get into the habit of checking your child’s backpack every day.  Tuesdays will be the days we send home all materials needed for the remote days (although this week we will send that home on Wednesday).  In the beginning of the school year, Mrs. Benoit and I will also provide a small “homework check-list” to help families navigate all the home learning options so you know what is expected.  Please return this homework check-list on Mondays the following week, when we return to in-person learning again. 


I also want to welcome Shelby Haselman, our fabulous UVM Intern, to our classroom.  Shelby will be with us on Mondays and Tuesdays when we have in-person learning.  She will also join us in our remote learning.    Please note that our school district and UVM work closely to ensure proper testing and social distancing guidelines are being followed by all student interns. You can read Ms. Shelby’s letter of introduction here.


Have a great day.  I will see your children tomorrow!


Warmly,

Maria


No comments:

Post a Comment